LlamaLAN 5 information ... and your say in it

The 5th incarnation of the Llamalan series :D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

I'll ask DJArcas (PG Man) to consider put on a cycle of games maybe rather that the free for all vote, show off his wares some more and then have a session for the favourite game of the weekend?

CD
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

{TE_UK}EvilWarlock wrote:I would think that i would attend again with Setekh and as setekh says we have a number of powerfull dedicated games servers if your interested in having them along, We also have a 24 port 10/100/1000 switch but i remember you saying that you would probably be supplying your own gigabit switch.
hmm, I would like to take you up on that offer if possible.

We have an 8 way gig switch, but most of that is taken up by the network/servers, so additional ports would be needed for the extra severs, plus anyone else who wants to run on gig ports.
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

If it's a gig on every port it will be great ... very useful ... our 8 port is mainly tied up with the servers and the downlinks to the three main switches which you guys plug into plus our personal machines ... I would think that anyone wishing to use a gig port (provided we know in advance and can run cable) should be accomodated if we can providing it doesn't incur extra cost or provide an unfair advantage.

CD
IXL
X-LANs

Post by IXL »

Im going to come to this one, but only on the Sunday. I cant commit to a whole weekend... :(
http://www.x-lans.co.uk < Kent LAN Gaming Community

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
EvilWarlock
Weanling
Weanling

Post by EvilWarlock »

In addition to the 24 port gigabit switch (Yes gigabit on all 24 ports and copies 2 gigs in about 55 seconds) we now have a new 16 port netgear switch to go with the 24 port and i have another 24 port in the pipeline for January. Ooooh so many ports, Just seen the post on our Forums and if it hasn`t already been discussed now i`m back from holiday i will chat with the other Evil chaps and ask their opinions.
0.666 the sign of the milli beast.
24 cans of lager in a case, 24 Hours in a day...... Just a coincidence????
Autarkus
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Autarkus »

Just signed up -

as the halls quite large (Too big to shout abuse at someone
that fragged you from the other side of the room), can you
specify a Voice Comms program from everyone to have ?

Plus, with F+P sharing disabled, will there be a 'public' FTP
server about ?
Powerfull big rats, Gentelmen
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

For an event like this I suspect that TeamSpeak would be a good option (and free) and just like last time there will be an FTP server with demos, patches, and drivers, and all manner of useful bits of software (and funny movies and random stuff like that). The FTP server will have an incoming folder into which you can place items you wish placed on the FTP where it will be vetted and placed somewhere appropriate.

In my experience though there is no room too large to hurl abuse at the recently fragged or fragger! ;)

CD
EvilWarlock
Weanling
Weanling

Post by EvilWarlock »

Finally signed up, just one of those things you keep putting off i suppose. Anywho... In relation to suggestions on Llamalan 5 one minor point is that at Llamalan 4 the Projectorgames that were going on were what you might call distracting as the music was very loud which is not that bad as it`s good to have something playing in the background while your gaming but... Any chance they can increase the playlist they have and vary the music? i lost count of how many times electric 6, Gay bar was played. Even now at the mention of this song i get cold sweats and nightmares, was i the only one that got annoyed with this song?
0.666 the sign of the milli beast.
24 cans of lager in a case, 24 Hours in a day...... Just a coincidence????
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

{TE_UK}EvilWarlock wrote:Finally signed up, just one of those things you keep putting off i suppose. Anywho... In relation to suggestions on Llamalan 5 one minor point is that at Llamalan 4 the Projectorgames that were going on were what you might call distracting as the music was very loud which is not that bad as it`s good to have something playing in the background while your gaming but... Any chance they can increase the playlist they have and vary the music? i lost count of how many times electric 6, Gay bar was played. Even now at the mention of this song i get cold sweats and nightmares, was i the only one that got annoyed with this song?
PG will be there, but we are asking them to be open in shifts so you can predict when you'll be annoyed (and hopefully join in), and since the repetitive music is only associated with one game, and they have several new ones to play with, you should be relatively safe. ;)

CD
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Safe from the gay bar... LOL. :)
IXL
X-LANs

Post by IXL »

IXL wrote:Im going to come to this one, but only on the Sunday. I cant commit to a whole weekend... :(
FAO CD/KF: Fellas can u pm me about any possability of me just coming on the sat ?
http://www.x-lans.co.uk < Kent LAN Gaming Community

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.