Joint Ops Tournie

The 5th incarnation of the Llamalan series :D
EvilWarlock
Weanling
Weanling

Joint Ops Tournie

Post by EvilWarlock »

After the strange result on Saturdays Joint ops tournie 36 - 0, I thought i would contact Novalogic and ask their Tech guys if this is something that has been come across before as i play in a Joint Ops league online and find it worrying we could be losing matches due to a dodgy scoring system, It turns out that there is a problem with the logging of scores on the higher length games, I was told basically it works like this for points scoring, you don`t get points for kills etc in this game mode you score points in the following way "Team King of the Hill (TKOTH) - Both teams struggle to control a certain area of land for the longest time. Whichever team holds the piece of land the longest wins." that is Novalogics words for how it`s scored, If no team holds the area for the set ammount of time needed for an outright win then it`s accumalative time for the team that is counted, As Kanonfodda will confirm the capture times we had were, Setekh 49 mins, EvilWarlock 37mins, IXL 25 mins, Special Llama 19 mins, The other teams highest was 20 mins maximum ranging down from there.
They are putting together a more comprehensive response for me as this has been happening quite often and i have been assured that the next update will help.
We owned throughout that Final and even the other team were in their words "very surprised" as even they said Evil Guys were in the zone far longet than them. The stats at the end showed it too.
0.666 the sign of the milli beast.
24 cans of lager in a case, 24 Hours in a day...... Just a coincidence????
Fatman
Cria
Cria

Post by Fatman »

I agree we did seem to hold the Hill for a lot less of the match than you lot did.
But it was a fun game anyways and im not really bothered on the outcome, i had a great larf crashing choppers into you :P
Merrrr
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Let me know what Novallogic come back with matey
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
EvilWarlock
Weanling
Weanling

Post by EvilWarlock »

Novalogic`s tech people have come back to me, They have said that the problem seems to be on small and isolated occassions and i`m assured it doesn`t happen very often, They cannot see how we got 0 points with the most ammount of time in the zone, Their answer is basically to add the team members zone time up and then whoever has the greatest ammount wins, They have said that kills etc don`t count the only thing that is counted is the ammount of time you spend in the zone.
Several clans have also come back and said that it seems to crop up mostly on long duration games where there is alot of capture time but no-one captures the zone for the instant win.

So based on capture time Evil Guys won.

Hopefully novalogic decide to address this problem in their next patch along with fixing the Sniper rifles they broke in the last update.
0.666 the sign of the milli beast.
24 cans of lager in a case, 24 Hours in a day...... Just a coincidence????
IXL
X-LANs

Post by IXL »

Hmm, does all seem strange... however, Im just glad we had a good laugh... :D
http://www.x-lans.co.uk < Kent LAN Gaming Community

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.